Batavia Youth Baseball Travel Program Update
BYB Sets New Records
This fall Batavia Youth Baseball (BYB) formed twelve full-time travel teams (a record number of teams) for the 2013 season including three 11U teams. Over 200 players attend BYB travel evaluations – the highest number of attendees ever.
In addition to the full-time teams, BYB will also be looking to form Tournament Teams at ages 8U to 12U.
The Tournament Teams allow players and families to experience ‘travel baseball’ without the full-time commitment. BYB’s Tournament team players participate in a full-time in house schedule and then experience a higher level of competition by participating in weekend tournaments and additional practices. Additional benefits / considerations for Tournament Teams include:
Less time commitment for busy families / players in other sports
Can still participate with friends via BYB in-house programs
Lower cost than full-time program
A chance to ‘test’ travel baseball
Allows players to grow into full-time teams especially at younger ages
Tournament teams will be potentially formed at ages 8U to 12U based on player interest and coach availability. In 2012 BYB had six Tournament Teams. Tournament teams will play in at least 3 tournaments and other non-league games. Over the winter, BYB will hold Rookie clinics, at our indoor facility, to help prepare your Rookie player for the upcoming tryouts. These clinics will focus on pitching, batting and throwing and will be free for all players planning on trying out for our 8U team. These clinics will be available for 2013 registered BYB players.
Our 2012 inaugural 8U team had a successful year with a second place finish in their final tournament.
Tryouts will be held in the spring of 2013. Exact dates will be announced and posted on the BYB website after January 1st
Batavia Youth Baseball is Batavia largest and oldest baseball program. BYB has been providing baseball programs for the youth of Batavia for over 56 years. BYB’s travel program has been in existence for over 20 years and is one of the oldest and most experienced programs in the Fox Valley area.
The following summarizes BYB’s Travel Programs Features and Benefits:
BYB is governed by a 22 person Board of Directors. Included on the Board are three dedicated positions managing the BYB Travel Program.
· BYB is a major feeder program to the Batavia High School baseball program. As Batavia’s ONLY travel program formed exclusively with Batavia players, BYB works with BHS coaches. Last year virtually all of the varsity high school players participated in BYB. Many BYB travel players have gone on to play college baseball in Division I, IAA & III programs including four former BYB players from the recent 2011 graduating class.
· BYB’s travel program has access to the Dawg Pound The Dawg Pound is a BYB indoor facility providing an opportunity to work on fundamentals during the off season. The Dawg Pound is available exclusively, at no extra cost or fees, to BYB teams.
· BYB’s travel program tryouts are open to all Batavia players. No invitation necessary! Evaluators include independent, baseball-experienced individuals (i.e. former coaches & players) with no ties to tryout participants.
· BYB coaches are selected based on a thorough interview & evaluation process.
BYB coaches are reviewed annually for coaching performance. BYB coaches undergo a criminal background check.
· BYB’s travel program plays all home games and practices on one of our nine BYB dedicated, Batavia fields. In addition, we are the only Batavia baseball program that is an official ‘partner’ with the Batavia Park District under their PAF program.